You are here

New in Sweden

New in Sweden? Do you want to live in Sweden?

On this page, you can find some useful information and links if you want/have recently moved to Sweden.

Migrationsverket (
is Sweden’s Migration Board and it handles issues relating to immigration.

Skatteverket (
Is important as a new resident is to get registered with the Swedish Tax Agency called Skatteverket and obtain a "personnummer".

Försäkringskassan (www.försä
Swedish Social Insurance Agency . Every resident is entitled to certain benefits such as basic healthcare, parental benefits, child allowances, disability coverage, and other insurance payments.

Resident ID card
Once you’ve got your personnummer and you're registered with Försäkringskassan, obtaining a Swedish resident identification card (identitetskort).

Swedish National Agency for Higher Education (
Högskoleverket (Swedish National Agency for Higher Education) is the public authority that oversees higher education institutions (HEIs) in Sweden and is responsible for recognising qualifications from abroad.

Evaluation of Foreign Secondary Qualifications (
VHS provides evaluation of foreign upper-secondary qualifications, a service we offer free of charge.

Arbetsförmedningen (www.arbetsfö
Sweden’s Public Employment Centre offers some great valuable information on how and where to get a job in Sweden.


Web hosting by: